Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Working again

Yikes, after almost 11 years, I am reentering the work force.  I am so torn.  Helping to pay the mounting bills will be a good thing.  Not hearing about 3 boys' day as they walk in the door after school and missing treasured time at the dinner table are some of things I am already mourning.

My dear friend Amber is a single Mom.  She gets ZERO help from her kid's dad.  She has worked 40 plus hours a week for years to provided for her children.  Missing out on many school functions that happen during the day.  She gets her children up sometimes at 4:30am just so she can go to work.  She has to mow the yard, do the laundry, cook, clean, doctor visits, figure out car and home repairs all ALONE.  She will stay up late so her kids can do the things that will help turn them into responsible young men.  Her children are well rounded, they are respectful, the are obedient, they are secure.  I admire her determination, her strength, her ability to cope, she is a strong strong woman!!!

I am slowly realizing how much I have taken these last 11 years for granteed.

I know her children will speak highly of her unselfish sacrifice when they become adults.  I can already hear the administration in their young voices when they speak of her.  

My hope is that eventually I will be free of my selfish attitude, that my sense of loss will be replaced with her positive, selfless attitude. 

 I want to be a Mom like Amber when I grow up.....












No comments: