Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bread Day

Yesterday I made English Muffins http://fooddownunder.com/ using spelt. They turned out wonderful. Very light. I used whole milk cottage cheese, ground up with my hand blender, instead of yogurt. I only let it rise once.



Today is Muenster Cheese Bread http://oneperfectbite.blogspot.com/search/label/cheese I can hardly wait to taste it. As usually I changed the recipe. I used about 1/4 C. Cottage cheese. Then I added about 3 T. buttermilk powder and water to make 1 cup. I added 1/8 tsp vitamin c powder and 1 1/4 tsp lecithin granules. Oh least I forget more cheese. I am of the school of "if a little is good more is better". Same as above only one rise.



I have started baking bread in a cold oven. I learned this at the SDA cooking class and have had good results.

It was out of this world. Thanks Mary for sharing this recipe. Very tasty.

My oldest baby survived his first wrestling practice. He said he really had fun. I hope this helps him with some of the social issues he has. Time will tell. He is not very coordinated so it was rather funny to watch.

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm always thrilled when someone lets me know they tried my bread. So, hugs. You've made me very happy.