Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life

I have been car-less off and on for about 2 months. (more off than on) It has not been that bad. I have noticed that I am spending less money. I have also noticed that I am getting more done around the house. Today it is clean the bathtub. A HUGE job since we have VERY hard water.



I made 3 loaves of bread on Tuesday. (Someone has offered to pay me to bake for them. How much do you charge for a loaf of homemade bread is the question.) One of them was an Irish Soda Bread that I colored green. This went over better than the mac-n-cheese that I tried to turn green for lunch. lol It looked really gross. The family that we had over was not too impressed with it either.



Benjamin got a bloody nose at school on Monday. Seems J and S didn't want to play with him so they just shoved him out of the way. He had no idea that this was a bad thing. He said they were just trying to play with him. (ya right) The OAISD lady doesn't come often enough to help coach him in on social things outside of the classroom. He has been playing group games trying to help "train" him for indoor situations. It has gotten a little better and we are now able to play with him instead of watching him play. YEA for progress. My heart is so sad; his awareness that he often plays alone is increasing and there isn't much I can do to help him. He likes wrestling practice. But once again he needs to be coached on the social graces of life. sigh God has given each of us, including Benjamin, no more than we can handle. I need to remember he will and can make it through this.

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Julie .... about pricing bread. Go to a local upscale bakery and see what they get for a loaf of bread.

I did'nt know that Benjamin had problems. You are both in my heart with a prayer that you both can deal with problems most others can't fathom. It's so painful to watch a child struggle with things they don't understand. Hugs and blessings....Mary