Monday, March 9, 2009

Cooking "spray"

I am on a mission to save money. I want to be a good steward of what God has given us. We have found that without cutting things out of our budget; tithing becomes a burden and a chore. Not at all what God intended from the happy giver.

Keeping on that theme I have made my first batch of cooking "spray".

It is:

3/4 cup oil (canola)
2 Tab. Liquid Lecithin

I put it in a container with a brush and will use it as I would baking spray.

I got this recipe from a bread class (more on that latter) that I took at the SDA church in Pullman. http://www.clnf.org/ They have an amazing amount of healthy vegetarian things on their website.

I just love the rush I get as I strive to do thing the way my Grandparents may have done them. We waste so much money now days it almost makes me ill. I have and will continue to make my life and the life of my family as "crunchy" as possible.

I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I do.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool blog!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Hi Julie! Have you tried to put your cooking spray in a spray bottle with a strong pump? I think it might work. As a matter of fact I'm going to give it a try. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

super!!!