Monday, January 24, 2011

Ker-Thwack!

Back to that last posting....we were walking hand in hand and it was a FANTASTIC night.  Dinner was great, it was the perfect temp. outside just plain wonderful.  (We had no idea that my Mom's house had been broken into the day before.)  We had not a care in the world!!!

We were walking.....Dan looked down and said look at that!  I screamed then the night was ruined!  ;)  He took his size 16 feet and smashed the biggest roach I had ever seen!  It was one of those hissing roaches.  It grossed me out!!!!  To top it off....all the rooms have doors that are on the outside, unlike a hotel where they are inside the building.  The doors don't seal at the bottom and I worried all night that we would be taking home roaches.  The next day, as we sat outside of our building on this little bench and enjoyed the view of the gulf;  something caught my eye; and there stuck to the wall, rather close to my head was a green gecko!  Once I got over the shock he was rather cute. 

It was a wonderful trip.  I have been truly blessed two wonderful boys and a God fearing husband.  I had said earlier...times have been REALLY hard.  Our savings has been drained but never fail there is always food on the table and the mortgage has been met.  The bakery put tires on the car this winter.  God heard our cry and dropped the idea of the bakery and we ran with it.  Talk about a God thing!  "Someone" put extra money in the box with a note saying this was extra for us to help out with bills and the like,  it was so fun to take it and give it back to the Lord that next Sunday.  AMAZING

A good part of being tested is we have shared the money or lack-there-of with the kids.  Nothing is hidden and at their young ages they understand many concepts that adults struggle with on a daily basis.  We went out to dinner this past week-end.  We dined family style at an "Amish" restaurant.  I asked our server if we could take the leftover food home.  She was like nope sorry.  Benjamin was stunned!  So much so, that he confronted her (a huge step for him)  about how sad it was to waste food,  how expensive it was, what a bad idea to just throw it away.  I was so proud of him!

I hope that when you're tested and look back you have found something good has come from it,  life shaping soul changing growth!

1 comment:

Fritzemama said...

I just now read these two posts. And I LOVE what you wrote. Brought tears to my eyes. You have a lovely family, and I hope and pray God will again "restore the years the locusts have eaten" for you and Dan. Thanks for always being such an encouragement to me.