Monday, August 23, 2010

From the Bakery

After several requests for different baked goods and hours of thinking how that looks in my life as a wife and mother this is what I have come up with.

Honey Whole Wheat --Large (1 pound 15 ounce) $2.75--- Freezes Well.  This is a blend of white and wheat (WW) flours, eggs and milk. Lighter than 100% WW but more dense than pure white.

Cinnamon Rolls--- Large Pan 9 Rolls (2 pounds)  $6.50--- A blend of white and WW eggs and milk.  Iced with a thin drizzle of icing. 
Cinnamon Rolls--- Small Pan 4 Rolls (1 1/4 pounds) $5.00 --- A blend of white and WW eggs and milk. Iced with a thin drizzle of icing.

Hamburger Buns---6 per bag (1 pound) $2.00 a Bag--- Freeze Well.  All white topped with a thin egg white wash.  Sesame, Onion or Plain

Shooting Star Potato Bagels---6 per bag (1 1/2 pounds) $3.50 a bag---Freeze well.  White Flour,  potato, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), agave nectar.  Topped with sesame, poppy, onion, or plain.  A very chewy but not tough bagel.

Rosemary Focaccia Bread---1 pound $4.00--- White flour, EVOO.  Great dipped in EVOO.  Herb choice can be made by you.  ei: rosemary, oregano, Italian herb blend (may be dried herbs depending on my herb garden)

Olive Oil Pita Bread---11-15 ounce $1.50 a bag---White with semolina flour (nutty taste), EVOO.  Soft and tender.

This just a sampling of items and price.  Items with EVOO, and other expensive ingredients, and things that take more work will cost more.  I want you to be satisfied with your order.  An example; a standing order customer liked the bread I had mad made but it was rather dense for their liking.  She paid for the order and has decided to keep the bread and together we have decided that her next order will be at a discount.  If she had decided it was just bad I would have given her a refund.

Some items I may make for my family, AKA Guinea Pigs, to eat and am willing to give you a sample to see if it is something you would like.  I am thinking this would work like this; a posting saying...I have made Salsa Corn Meal Bread.  If you're interested I will have samples available from ?-? on Wednesday.  Come over and try it.

I have many bread, rolls, and bun recipes.  If your looking for something let me know.  I can do dinner rolls with bread dough, pure white bread, rye breads, pizza crusts, beer bread.... different sweeteners like Agave Nectar, Brown Rice Syrup and Honey or regular sugar. If that isn't enough I have breads that I can hide vegetables in like zucchini, pumpkin, or squash.  I also have done non yeast healthy sweet breads and pumpkin rolls.

I also have cinnamon oatmeal pancake mix made with whole wheat flour, regular (non quick) oatmeal, and dry milk.  These are protein packed for staying power( the morning that I make pancakes, I can save one for you to taste) these freeze well for an easy school day breakfast;  dill dip, taco seasoning mix, bacon dip, hot chocolate, pudding mixes, cappuccino.  (all made by me)

I also have taught canning classes.  I will bring my "stuff", you buy what you want to can, and together I will show you what to do, you get to keep the jars.  I pressure can as well and will show you that that it is nothing to fear.  We can do this at your house or mine.  $50 for a 3-4 hour hands on lesson.  I will also do group lessons.  Contact me for the cost.  4 people maximum.

Since I am apart of the Cottage Food Industry there are some things that I can not do. Please look at this PDF for the State of MI  for a more clear definition.

Call me at 269-751-7011, email at JulieABauman@gmail dot com, facbook message, or comment here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie, I have been into pita breads lately and would like to place an order for whatever you can make along those lines. I like grainey (ww or whole grain of whatever kind). I will just need any surplus you sell me to be able to freeze well. Let me know when I can pick it up or we can make an exchange on Sun.
Youre the BOMB!!

Vickie said...

would like to place and order for sweet potatoe bread too if you can make it in time on friday if not sunday would be ok and the bagels you was talking about thanks your the best and God is so good Vickie taylor