Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Adoption Journey

I have ALWAYS wanted a lot of children but after a miscarriage in my 20's with my former husband, another last year, and my "advanced maternal age" sadly I wasn't meant to be.  I know a lot of people who have adopted, something I would love to do, but being jobless and "old" this to is something that just wont happen.  So why did I title this post this way?

We just adopted a Red Ear Slider Turtle.  Seems the preschool place at our church  needed to find a new home for Freddie.  So after NO consideration we took him.  He came with all of his supplies his tank, filters , the whole shebang for free.  Grayson, who has always wanted fish just like Benjamin, is now very happy to have a turtle in his room.  Wonder how happy he will be when he notices that the feeder fish we eventually put in his tank turn into food.

Today on the garden cart I put out Shooting Star Potato Bagels; all but 1 bag has sold.  Benjamin named them.  He is still really excited at having watched for shooting stars.  The bagels were poppy seed, sesame seed, onion, and plain.  Seeing as I am on the topic, someone told me the cinnamon rolls are WAY under priced.  She thought that I should be able to sell them for at least $10 a pan.  Not sure maybe in few weeks I'll raise the price a dollar.

I am excited a family from church has requested a standing bread order.  This will included cinnamon rolls and whatever else I make for them to try.  She has wanted, for at least a year, for me to make them bread.  I have been very chicken to do this.  What if they get sick, don't like it, I charge to much and they tell people I ripped them off ....  I guess it boils down to my life long battle of low self esteem.  Years of counseling have not fixed it and I battle it often. Off on another rabbit trail save that subject for a different day.

No comments: