Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Grayson

I can not believe that 5 years have flown by so fast.  It seems like yesterday that I was just holding my newborn son.  Looking at him and trying to figure out how anyone could have a partial birth abortion or abuse a tiny infant.  It just boggles the mind! Fast forward 5 years and he has a collection of dead Cicada bodies in his room. Yesterday he had a toad in a bucket and wanted to keep it in his room. Today we found a Luna Moth caterpillar. He is living in a cage in our living room. We did a little research and the neighbor has a Sweet Gum Tree that it will eat. I love my Sons!

Grayson goes to the Pediatrician tomorrow.  I sure hope he will do the ear and eye test.  Last year he dug his stubborn feet in and would not do it.  Not even for candy.  (he takes after his Dad here)  I told him no Young-5's if he doesn't do the tests.  Time will tell.  According to our door chart he has grown about 4 inches this past year.  I am excited to get the official numbers.

The garden cart is GREAT we have made $75 in about 3 days.  The neighbors and 2 families from church have each bought stuff saying...Really good, you should open a bakery, wow these buns were better than mine.  The real worry one of the church families is MIA.  I hope they didn't get sick or worse die.  lol  I am thinking a vacation but time will tell. We are gearing up for an event in Pullman where they will allow us to sell our homemade goodies.  I am making dill dip, bacon dip, gourmet hot cocoa mix, cinnamon oatmeal pancake, mix bread, roll, buns and what ever else I can think of to raise so money for tires.

We heard for Shire again, called the Doctor again.  This is like about the 10th time either we or the Doctor have spoken to them about Dan's medication.  I guess they are going to give us a 1/2 dose allotment,  3 pills a day.  He is going on 3 weeks with out his medicine so I get nervous every time I hear him burp and think he is having a flare-up.  He is enjoying the break from the pills....they make being in the sun VERY VERY painful.  Poor guy.

I was so surprised today when a teenager, that I had graduated high school with, turned middle age man along with his wife and son walked in the door of church.   We have lived within 2 miles of each other for 3 years and didn't even know it.  How cool is that!

In closing....Thank You Jesus for Grayson.  It has been an honor to raise him for you for 5 years.  I pray that his life will be filled with your abundant blessings and loving mercies in the years to come.

No comments: